Eye plastic procedures
Over time with the lack of skincare, many wrinkles and sagging around the eye may appear, which significantly hide the beauty of the eye. Here comes the role of eye plastic procedures to remove all those impurities that disturb our beauty and affect its luster.
Why may some perform plastic procedures for their eyes?
Among the most famous cases in which people may perform eye plastic procedures are the following:
• saggy eyelids.
• The spread of wrinkles in an observable way around the eyes.
• The presence of fatty bags in or around the eye.
• Bulging eyes.
• Sunken eyes.
• Eyebrows falling out, giving the appearance of an older age.
• Dark circles around the eyes.
• Aiming to improve vision and general eye appearance, widen the eye, or change the color of the eyes.
What are the types of eye plastic procedures?
Eye plastic techniques are divided into surgical and non-surgical techniques.
The non-surgical eye plastic techniques include:
1- Botox injection: It is a non-surgical technique used to raise eyebrows and get rid of any sagging above the eye without surgery. The result is removing sagging and getting a youthful appearance to the forehead by weakening the forehead muscles that naturally impede their movement in just 10 minutes. The result lasts from 4 to 6 months or depending on the nature of each case.
2- Filler injection: It is an injection that contains hyaluronic acid in its composition, which fills the eyes and removes any wrinkles that may have occurred due to weight loss, and its results last for about a year.
3- Mesotherapy injection: It is an injection that contains some vitamins and substances that dissolve fat around the eye and get rid of its sagging, or any of the fatty masses that give it a bad appearance.
4- Laser: This is used in eye plastic techniques and removal of birthmarks and skin tags. It also helps to get rid of fatty cysts caused by hypercholesterolemia or diabetes.
People perform surgical techniques in case of failure of the non-surgical solutions to beautify the eyes. One of the most famous eye plastic surgeries is the eyelid lifting process, a process aimed at removing sagging, drooping, and swelling of the upper or lower eyelids, and removing any skin tags that prevent it from closing well or prevent clear vision. It can also help get rid of excess fat that accumulates around them.
Steps of eyelid lift with Prof. Dr. Ahmed El Sherifa:
1. Initially, the specialized anesthesiologist will apply the appropriate anesthesia to prevent any pain during the procedure.
2. Then Prof. Dr. Ahmed El Sherifa makes a surgical incision cut in the eyelid to remove any accumulated fat, excess skin, or muscle tissue under the skin.
3. Then the doctor will sew the wound with special plastic threads that prevent the appearance of any signs that may affect the aesthetic shape of the eye.
4. He then applies eye bandages and asks you to stay in the hospital for a short time, not exceeding one day, until he is satisfied with the results of the surgery, after which you can leave to complete your recovery period at home.
Complications that may result after eyelid lift surgery include:
• Simple eye infection.
• Eye irritation or sensitivity.
• Eye dryness.
• Eye swelling and difficulty closing the eye normally.
• Change in the color of the skin around the eyes.
Some tips after the eyelid surgery:
• The results of eyelid surgery with Prof. Dr. Ahmed El Sherifa will appear immediately after the surgery, but there may be some swelling around the eyes, preventing the appearance of its final result, which may extend to a month. Therefore, Prof. Dr. Ahmed El Sherifa may advise you to follow these instructions after the surgery:
• Put ice packs on your eyes to reduce swelling after the procedure.
• Do not neglect your follow-up dates to examine your eye and observe the results of the surgery.
• Do not look at any screen as a laptop, television, or mobile phone closely or for long periods.
• Observe any complications that may appear in your eyes and tell the doctor about them as soon as possible.
• Avoid exposure to direct sunlight.
• Avoid any strenuous physical activity or playing sports to avoid an increase in eye swelling after the surgery.
Who is the ideal candidate for eye surgery?
The ideal candidate for eye plastic surgeries with Prof. Dr. Ahmed El Sherifa should be:
• Has exceeded the age of fifteen.
• He is in good health and does not suffer from any chronic diseases.
• Suffers from one of the problems of the eyes or eyelids.
Before the eye surgery, Prof. Dr. Ahmed El Sherifa will discuss with you:
• All your expectations about the outcome of the surgery.
• The complaint that let you consider performing eye plastic surgery.
• Your health condition and your suffering from any chronic diseases.
• You will be subjected to a physical examination with some laboratory tests to ensure your health condition before the surgery.
• Some complications that may result from eye surgery.
• He will ask you to stop taking painkillers and some other anti-coagulant drugs at least one week before the eye surgery; to reduce the risk of bleeding during or after the surgery.
Some tips to consider before performing eye surgeries:
Before proceeding with the eye surgery, you must take into account the following factors:
• The experience of the surgeon who will perform the surgery for you and his achieved final results of surgeries with several cases and their success rates.
• Take the consultation of an ophthalmologist first for the plastic procedure that you going to perform.
• Speak with the plastic surgeon about all your expectations after the procedure and the result you desire.
• Measuring the intraocular pressure and the vision and performing x-rays on the eye under the supervision of your specialized doctor.
• In cases of non-surgical eye aesthetics, Perform a sensitivity test for the substance used in eye plastic procedure, including fillers, Botox, and mesotherapy.
• Tell your doctor about all your illnesses and your family's medical history in detail, and tell him about any medications you may be taking continuously.
• Avoid drinking nicotine, alcohol, and caffeinated drinks, just before the surgery.
Qualities that must be available in an eye plastic surgeon:
It is important and necessary that the plastic surgeon who will perform the eye surgery is characterized by the following:
• He must be a specialist in plastic eye surgeries.
• Have a fair number of successes in plastic eye surgeries.
• Master's degree holder or doctorate.
• He has a license to practice the profession for his specialty.
• He has many years of experience in his field.