Full Tummy Tuck and strengthening its muscles
Motherhood has a tax, but it is possible to fix it, as our case did with the simplest means and the least recovery period with Prof. Dr. Ahmed El Sherifa. After pregnancy and childbirth, the muscles and skin of the abdomen expand with stretching and sagging, so the abdominal muscles become very weak and accumulate a lot of fat. Recent techniques have created the abdominal tummy tuck surgery to improve abdominal appearance, tighten its muscles, remove excess sagging and give it a sporty and feminine look.
Before proceeding with this surgery, Prof. Dr. Ahmed El Sherifa asked her to follow the following:
• A complete physical examination with the addition of some laboratory and clinical examinations to ensure her suitability for the surgery.
• Keep track of her family's medical history and find out if there are any inherited diseases they have.
• Performing a sensitivity test to make sure that the type of anesthesia used was appropriate for her.
• He asked her about the type of medications she was taking on a constant basis, to stop some medications that increase blood thinning, such as aspirin, as they increase the risk of bleeding during and after the surgery.
• Quit smoking if she was a smoker and cease consuming any alcoholic substances at least 2 weeks before the surgery, as well as any anti-inflammatory or herbal nutritional supplements.
• Try to follow a healthy diet as much as possible and do not perform the surgery before reaching the ideal body weight.
What is the difference between a full tummy tuck and a mini tummy tuck?
The full tummy tuck is more suitable for people who have lost a large amount of their weight and have very excessive abdominal sagging, where the abdominal tissue is lifted, away from the muscles, to cut its excess skin and remove the accumulated fat by suction if required. Then Prof. Dr. Ahmed El Sherifa tightens the abdominal muscles and adjusts the location of the navel if necessary.
However, a mini tummy tuck is more suitable for people with small and medium abdominal sagging, which is due to weak abdominal muscles and not to the excess skin itself. A mini tummy tuck removes excess belly fat and tightens weak muscles in one or two hours, in contrast to the full tummy tuck, which takes about four hours in the operating room.
Prof. Dr. Ahmed El Sherifa advised our case after the surgery to follow these instructions:
• Staying in the hospital for not less than 2 hours after the surgery to ensure her health condition, with the possibility of staying for a full night if necessary, so she remained under observation, and Prof. Dr. Ahmed El Sherifa reassured about the outcome of the procedure and her health condition.
• Trying to walk after the surgery while straightening the back as much as possible.
• Wearing the prescribed medical corset for the surgery; to reduce the swelling resulting from the surgery and speed up the recovery period as possible, at least for 6 weeks.
• Keep taking the prescribed medications, including antibiotics and pain relievers, to control the feeling of pain and prevent infection.
• Taking care of the surgical incisions as he described and emptying the fluids that collect in the drainage tubes; to get rid of any excess blood or fluid from the body after the surgery.
• Not engaging in strenuous physical activity as much as possible, doing any exercise, or carrying any heavy objects.