Sculpting and beautifying crooked nose with PR technique
He was suffering from a crooked nose that reduces the harmony of his nose with his face, which was causing him great embarrassment. He got rid of the problem forever with the least recovery period and the least surgical intervention to the nasal tissues, through PR rhinoplasty with cosmetic sculpting without any significant complications.
What is meant by PR rhinoplasty?
It is the latest method of rhinoplasty. It is performed by exposing the nasal tissues to the least significant surgical intervention, which is carried out in the area that needs modification only, without applying rhinoplasty in all tissues, as usual. Thus the patient go through less surgical intervention, less pain, fewer surgical scars, a shorter recovery period, and a better outcome in rhinoplasty.
Rhinoplasty surgeries began more than 3000 BC, specifically in ancient Egypt, since cutting the nose was the punishment for criminals and thieves. The science of nasal surgeries developed until reaching our present time, and the latest cosmetic technique, which is PR rhinoplasty, which acts upon:
• Dealing with large, wide, and inverted nostrils.
• Repairing the curve of the nasal hump and its symmetry with each other.
• Adjusting the nasal bridge and the droopy nasal tip.
• Correcting breathing problems.
• Repairing any structural defects in the nose, as Prof. Dr. Ahmed El Sherifa had modified the nasal septum in this patient, in addition to reshaping the nasal bones, fracture repair, and getting rid of the adenoids and any nasal polyps that may obstruct the airway.
The recovery period of PR rhinoplasty is much shorter than that of traditional rhinoplasty. During this period, the following issues must be followed:
• Avoid any itching, touching the surgical site, or moving the splint placed on the nose, with the need to raise the head above chest level after the surgery; to reduce the resulting swelling as much as possible.
• Do not carry heavy objects or do strenuous physical activity.
• Take the antibiotics and painkillers prescribed by Prof. Dr. Ahmed El Sherifa; to reduce post-surgical pain and infection.
• Take care of the place of the wounds in the manner described by Prof. Dr. Ahmed El Sherifa.
• Do not exaggerate the reactions of laughing and smiling forcefully or brushing your teeth; so as not to rub the upper lip.
• Try to eat a healthy diet as much as possible to speed up the healing process.
• Do not place any ice or heavy load on the nose, as it may affect the outcome of the surgery.
• Do not wear any glasses on the nose for at least a month after the surgery.
Prior to your surgery, Prof. Dr. Ahmed El Sherifa will discuss with you the following:
• Your main goal of PR rhinoplasty and your expected result.
• Your anti-inflammatory drugs, herbal nutritional supplements, or aspirin, as you must stop taking them at least 2 weeks before the surgery, because they may increase the risk of bleeding during and after the surgery.
• Your family's medical history and their inherited diseases.
• Your health condition and its suitability for PR rhinoplasty.
• The need to stop taking alcohol or nicotine before the surgery for at least 2 weeks.
It is also possible to perform rhinoplasty with cosmetic threads, which are non-surgical, absorbable threads that significantly improve the shape of the nose, or with laser, but these techniques are still under research because of their side effects that may occur after the surgery.